Sunday, October 11, 2015

Porsche 911 T Elford/Stone 1968


This is the Vic Elford/David Stone Porsche 911 T at the Rallye de Monte-Carlo 1968. The painting/drawing is oil pastel (Pentel is the brand) on Stonehenge paper. I used an orange/red stick for the car's local body color and an olive green stick to accentuate the darker shadowy parts. The main issue I had with oil pastel is the tendency for colors that are added on top of another to just slide right over the previous layer, creating a bit of a mess (blobs of pigment instead of a nice layer of color). So, I had to spray workable fixatif a few times during the painting process to get colors to stick on top of each other.


This is the corresponding sketch which I did on drawing paper. I used a light table to transfer the sketch to the Stonehenge paper and then went to town with the oil pastels.

No comments:

Post a Comment